1 City, 4 Ways: For the Adventurer
If you’re looking for a little slice of paradise, you’ll find it in Santa Barbara. With stunning mountain views, pristine beaches, historic architecture, a sunny climate and a friendly atmosphere, Santa Barbara offers something for everyone, especially those looking for adventure.
Whether you wish to take in the views from the top of a mountain or from the middle of the Pacific Ocean, there’s an adventure waiting for you within walking distance, or a short drive from your accommodations at Hotel Santa Barbara. Even better, stay and enjoy Santa Barbara for 2 nights and receive the 3rd night free!*
Take a Hike
- Jesusita Trail Head: This popular 4.5-mile trail winds through the San Roque Canyon to the summit at 1,800 feet of elevation, where you’ll find Inspiration Point. Hikers can take in the spectacular views of the city, Lauro Canyon Reservoir and the Channel Islands.
- Lizard’s Mouth: Lizard’s Mouth Rock has one of the best views of Santa Barbara. It’s the highest point of a large, flat rock formation near the top of the Santa Ynez Mountains. It’s just a quarter mile walk from the trailhead, perfect for beginners and intermediates.
- Cold Spring Trail: This is a “must do” hike in the area. This beautiful trail runs through the Santa Barbara and Montecito foothills. The three and a half mile trail features a running creek, water cascades and ocean views.
Take A Dip
- SB Adventure Company/Paddle Sports Center: If water activities are your thing, SB Adventure Company has everything you’re looking for. Take advantage of the breath-taking coastal scenery by taking a surf lesson, a kayak or snorkel tour, or try out stand up paddle boarding.
- SB Sailing: If being on the water rather than in the water is more your speed, learn how to sail! Or sail in-style by chartering a yacht. Sit back and relax while taking in the coastline views, or even help sail the yacht!
Take A Spin
- Cal Coast Adventures: Biking on vacation has become a trademark activity for California travelers and no town attracts as many cyclists as the biking paradise of Santa Barbara. Experience the city in one of the most fun ways possible! Cruise along the beach, up the mountains or through the city.
Take A (Horseback) Ride
- Los Padres Outfitters: Experience an unforgettable beach or trail ride on a horse or mule in the stunning American Riviera. You’ll be provided with a well trained and well cared for horse and a friendly, knowledgeable guide to lead you through incredible trails that are sure to be the highlight of your trip to Santa Barbara.
- Circle Bar B Guest Ranch & Stables: Experience the splendor of California’s Central Coast at this one-of-a-kind dude ranch. Welcoming all skill levels, you’ll explore the trails of the Santa Ynez Mountains, meander through fern-lined canyons and creek crossings.
- Vino Vacqueros: Come for the ride, stay for the wine! Take a guided trail ride through the countryside and grapevines of Round Up Valley Ranch and Estelle Vineyards. Once your ride has concluded, you’ll be treated to a complimentary wine tasting.
You’ll experience a vacation or getaway unlike any other when you visit Santa Barbara. After a day of adventure, head back to Hotel Santa Barbara where you can unwind, relax and gear up for the next day’s plans. After all, after your second night, the third is free.*
What are you waiting for? Your Santa Barbara adventure awaits!
*3rd night free promotion available Sunday through Wednesday with the following blackout dates:
July 3 – July 6, September 4 – 7, December 18 – 21, December 25 – 28, January 1 – 4 (2023)