There’s no better place to spend Independence Day than in downtown Santa Barbara. If your ideal holiday weekend includes relaxing at the beach, dining at some of the city’s finest restaurants and watching a spectacular fireworks display over the ocean, then come celebrate with us!
When staying at Hotel Santa Barbara, you’re just a short walk from Stearns Wharf where there’s no shortage of entertainment, especially on the 4th of July.
Spend your day tasting your way through the dozens of restaurants along State Street and the Funk Zone before making your way to the pristine beach for fireworks after sunset. Arrive at Stearns Wharf early and enjoy all the festivities:
- Rent fishing gear and cast a line
- Take a ride on a water taxi or a harbor tour
- Walk throughout the Sea Center Museum
- Check out the cannon firing beginning at noon
- Get a palm reading
- Indulge in the nearby cuisine serving fresh seafood, prime rib, burgers, exotic tropical drinks and more!
- Jam out to some live music beginning at 4:00 p.m. by Area 51
Be sure to snag your spot and marvel at the illuminations once the sun goes down. With the fireworks launching next to Stearns Wharf, you’ll have exclusive views. When it’s all over, you’re just a quick stroll or bike ride from your accommodations at Hotel Santa Barbara where your comfortable suite awaits.
Traveler tip – skip the holiday traffic! Spend your weekend exploring instead of driving. Take the Amtrak and you’ll be steps from our welcoming lobby.